Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC) & GP Out Of Hours
Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC)
The service runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
The Doncaster UTC utlises a highly skilled, multidisciplinary team of: General Practitioners; Nurse practitioners; Advanced nurse practitioners; Nurses; Emergency care practitioners, and Healthcare assistants.
The UCC operates on behalf of patients who have been triaged and deemed appropriate to access primary care assessment, advice and treatment services having presented at A&E.
The UTC currently operates the following services:
- A walk in service for patients deemed appropriate to access primary care assessment, advice and treatment services
- Access to diagnostics that would normally be available in General Practice
- Signposts and refers patients as appropriate
GP Out of Hours
FCMS also operate the GP OOH contract for Doncaster and Bassetlaw. This service will operate from within the UTC and will be operational during the following time periods:
Providing cover for Doncaster General Practices
Monday to Friday – 1800 – 1830
GP Out of Hours Service
Monday to Friday – 1830 – 0800
Friday 1800 to Monday 0800
In addition to the core service provided by the UTC, the GP OOH service provides:
- Triage and advice to patients via a direct, non-premium rate telephone line
- Triage and advice to patients via GP practice telephone systems that automatically transfer patients to the UCC
- A system to respond to NHS 111 requests
- Booked appointment following telephone triage and advice as appropriate
- Home visits to patients
- Transport for patients to attend the unit as appropriate
- Support to the wider OOH healthcare system to ensure that patients are maintained in their own home as appropriate, for example end of life care and mental health crises.